The Black Screen of Death is a problem that occurs when the TV doesn’t start or gets stuck in the middle of a movie or TV show. In this article, we’ll show you a quick fix for the Hisense Roku TV black screen of death and you can also check out some other solutions.
- Reasons For Hisense Roku TV Black Screen Of Death
- How Do You Fix Hisense TV Black Screen Of Death?
- 1. Perform A Sound Test
- 2. Soft Reset Your Hisense Roku TV
- 3. Disconnect Unnecessary Devices
- 4. Unmute The TV Screen
- 5. Change Your Remote Batteries
- 6. Check The Power And Connections
- 7. Do The Flashlight Test
- 8. Replace The Power Board
- 9. Replace Other Components
- 10. Contact A Professional
- Wrapping Up
Reasons For Hisense Roku TV Black Screen Of Death
A faulty power board is one of the most common causes of sudden power outages on the TV screen, but there are other reasons. Most TVs today have multiple power boards, additional T-Con boards, and other internal components. Although these components may seem complicated, they can be repaired quickly.
How Do You Fix Hisense TV Black Screen Of Death?
The TV blackout can be caused for many different reasons. Simply follow the step-by-step guide we’ve created to help you narrow down the issues.
1. Perform A Sound Test
- Turn on the Hisense TV.
- Don’t forget to turn up the volume.
- Test the sound of the TV by streaming something.
If you can hear the sound perfectly, this means that the sound box is working properly. Now let’s start testing the flashlight.
2. Soft Reset Your Hisense Roku TV
Unplug the TV for at least 60 seconds before plugging it back in. This solution is simple but effective, so you’ve probably seen it in some videos. It sounds simple, but it usually gets the job done.
3. Disconnect Unnecessary Devices
Disconnect any other devices connected to your Hisense Roku TV to see whether they are the source of the issue. Also, rather than utilizing a power strip, connect your TV directly to the wall. Because of many power strip connections, the TV might not even receive sufficient power to turn on.
4. Unmute The TV Screen
Some Hisense Roku TVs include a “Mute Screen” option that allows you to avoid distraction when using an audio app like Spotify or Amazon Music. To enable or disable the mute feature, press and hold the mute button on your Hisense TV remote control for at least 5 to 6 seconds.
5. Change Your Remote Batteries
Despite appearing simple, several people I know have found success with it. You can check which button is stuck by unplugging the TV and pressing each button on the remote control one at a time.
6. Check The Power And Connections
In most cases, users forget the basic solution. Make sure the connection is not loose and plug the power cord into the socket correctly. Then do a hard reset on your Hisense Roku Smart TV:
- Turn off and disconnect the Hisense Roku TV.
- For at least 30 seconds, press and hold the power button on the TV.
- Release the button and reconnect the power cord to the TV.
- Find a second device if you wish to test the image on a device such as a cable box. If that fails, try accessing the TV’s settings menu.
Must Read: How To Reset Hisense Smart TV?
7. Do The Flashlight Test
If your Hisense Roku TV does not display an image, the light-producing component of the TV may be the cause of the problem. Find out with a flashlight test. How to do a light bulb test:
- Take a flashlight and make sure it is lit.
- Sit 2 inches from the TV screen and turn on the light.
- If you see pictures on the TV, the TV inverter board is defective.
After you’ve tried all of the previous solutions and recognized the problem, go to the steps below to thoroughly resolve it.
8. Replace The Power Board
For some people, replacing the complete power board of the TV might be a challenging task. Depending on the TV, the model of the board and the model number may differ.
However, this is a simple solution that anyone with basic skills may do at home. Let us now begin fixing the Hisense Roku TV’s blank screen.
What You Will Need:
- A soft towel or sheet to cover the TV screen.
- Phillips head screwdriver sizes range from TV to TV.
- Container to hold all loose screws.
- Place the Hisense TV on the prepared table.
- Remove all rear screws with a screwdriver.
- Find all the fuses for your Hisense Roku TV.
- If a blown fuse is found, replace it with a new one.
- Sometimes the problem is a blown fuse, not the power board.
- Find and remove all wires connected to the power board.
- Remove all screws holding the power board and remove the old board.
- Put the new electrical board in place and carefully screw it on.
- Connect all cables and wires to the new board.
- Install and secure the back cover of the TV.
9. Replace Other Components
If the inverter board or other important parts of the TV are damaged, it may be replaced in the same way as the power board. If you don’t know how to hire a TV technician to fix the issue. Also, if your Hisense Roku TV is under warranty, contact Hisense Support for assistance.
10. Contact A Professional
If you’ve done everything and still can’t get a solution to the black screen of death on your Hisense TV, then you can blame the TV. If you have purchased a warranty for your TV, you should visit the Hisense Roku website to find warranty support and investigate the issue.
If the product is not under warranty, your Hisense Roku TV can be repaired for a service charge. If you need any additional assistance, you can always contact the Hisense Customer Support team.
So, now you know how easy it is to fix the black screen of your Hisense Roku TV. If the above solution was helpful, please help your friends and family who also have Hisense Roku Smart TVs. Check out our other posts for the latest guides and updated tech blogs. You can also follow me on Twitter @Amanpanchal0.
Why is the red light blinking on my Hisense TV?
If the red light on the Hisense TV starts to blink, it indicates that the TV has encountered some problems. The TV may not function properly, or there may be a problem with the TV motherboard. Please contact your local technician or the Hisense team for assistance in fixing these issues.
What does it mean when Hisense TV Screen goes black?
If the Hisense TV screen has gone black, the TV has a black screen issue that can be fixed by replacing the faulty T-Con board. But sometimes a simple TV reset can also fix the issue.
What to do if my TV keeps going black?
There are several methods of troubleshooting that you can try and one of the best is to turn off your device. Sometimes stopping and turning it on does not solve the problem all at once, but trying it might solve it anyway.