The Picture-in-Picture feature on Samsung Smart TV allows you to watch the TV tuner and one external video source at the same time. You can enable PIP on Samsung Smart TV because of its two built-in tuners. PIP (Picture in Picture) is a feature that allows you to watch two different programs at the same time on your TV.
If you want to use your Samsung Smart TV for other tasks rather than just watching shows, you should enable the PIP feature on your Samsung TV. In today’s guide, we are going to see how you can enable, use and troubleshoot the Samsung Smart TV PIP feature. So, let’s jump right into it.
How To Enable PIP On Samsung Smart TV
Follow the steps mentioned below to turn on PIP mode on your Samsung Smart TV:
- Press Menu on the Samsung Smart TV remote.
- Select System and press Enter.
- Select PIP and press Enter.
- Highlight PIP and turn the toggle On.
How To Enable PIP On Old Samsung Smart TV
Here is how you can setup PIP on your old Samsung Smart TV:
- Go to the Apps screen.
- Press MENU/123.
- Tap on the MENU icon.
- Select Picture.
- Select PIP.
- Select On to activate PIP.
How To Change PIP Size On Samsung Smart TV
In order to change the size of the PIP window follow the steps given below:
- Press the Menu button on your Samsung Smart TV remote.
- Go to the Setup menu.
- Select PIP and press Enter
- Turn on and change the PIP size using the “Up” and “Down” arrows.
How To Turn Off PIP On Samsung Smart TV
Here is how you can easily disable PIP on your Samsung TV:
- Press MENU/123 button using the TV remote.
- Select MENU.
- Select the Picture option.
- Scroll down to select PIP.
- Select PIP to turn off PIP.
- Turn off the toggle to disable PIP.
Troubleshooting Samsung TV Picture-in-Picture (PIP)
Here are some solutions to problems with your Samsung TV’s PIP function:
1.) If Samsung Smart Hub or Program Rating Lock are turned on, you won’t be able to activate the PIP feature on your Samsung TV. Before you start using the PIP feature, you must disable these features. If your Samsung TV is in 3D mode, you won’t be able to use the PIP feature.
2.) If you choose to play a video when the Samsung TV’s Web Browser is open in the primary window, the PIP sub-screen will disappear immediately. If it doesn’t play after the Picture-in-Picture window closes, refresh the page to reload the video.
3.) While PIP is turned on, PC and HDMI inputs are the only way to view in the TV’s primary window. The only alternatives for watching content on the sub-screen are a cable box connected via coaxial cable or over-the-air channels.
4.) When you switch off your Samsung TV, PIP goes off automatically. When you turn your TV back on, you’ll have to enable the Picture-in-Picture feature again to use it.
5.) While using external devices in the Samsung TV’s primary window, such as game consoles or Blu-ray players, the PIP sub-screen may seem distorted. You need to change the video output settings of your external device until you find the best settings that don’t affect the PIP mode.
Samsung Smart TV PIP (Picture-In-Picture) feature is amazing, it allows users to watch content while they are browsing other things on TV. So, start using this feature today without missing a single minute of your favorite shows. Also, share this guide with your friends and for more helpful content check out our other How-to-Guides.
Can I use PIP with 2 HDMI sources?
Yes, PIP allows you to simultaneously see two video sources, such as a VCR and a Blu-ray player.
How does PIP work on Samsung TV?
Samsung TV uses two built-in tuners that allow the PIP feature to simultaneously run the TV tuner and one external video device.
More On Samsung TVs:
- How To Watch The Roku Channel On Samsung TV
- How To Turn Off Audio Description On Samsung TV
- How To Fix Amazon Prime Video App Not Working On Samsung TV
- 7 Ways To Get Crunchyroll On Your Samsung Smart TV
- How To Install Or Add An App To Samsung Smart TV
- How To Stream Plex On Samsung Smart TV
- How To Cast Oculus Quest 2 To Samsung TV