Samsung is one of the most popular TV brand around the world and is basically known for its quality Smart TV’s. Samsung Smart TV’s are filled with a ton of amazing features which confuse a lot of consumers about how one can install or add an app to their Smart TV. But don’t you worry, we have prepared a step by step guide for you on how to add an app to Samsung Smart TV. We have discussed almost all the ways you can use to add apps to your Smart TV. So, without any further delay lets check out all the ways.
- How To Add An App To Samsung Smart TV Using Smart Hub
- How To Install Third Party Apps On Samsung Smart TV
- 3 Ways To Install Third Party Apps On Samsung Smart TV
How To Add An App To Samsung Smart TV Using Smart Hub
Before you start the app installation process make sure that you are signed in to your Samsung account.
1. Press the Smart Hub button using your remote.
2. Select Apps option on the left corner.
3. Select the Magnifying Glass Icon to search the App you want to install.
4. Type the name of the App in Search Bar and select Done.
5. Now select the Install button.
6. Once installation is done, select Open to use the App.
Also Read: How To Download Apps On Sharp Smart TV
How To Install Third Party Apps On Samsung Smart TV
We know there are many apps you want to install but are not available on the Samsung Smart Hub. So, here are three best ways you can use to download and install third party apps in your New Samsung Smart TV. But, before you do that you need to setup your smart tv for third party app installation, just follow the steps given below to setup.
Enable Installation From Unknown Sources
1. Open the Settings of your Samsung Smart TV.
2. Select the Personal tab option.
3. Select the Security option.
4. Look for Unknown Sources and Enable it.
Enable The Developer Mode
1. Your next step is to enable Developer Mode.
2. Go to Smart Hub using the Settings Menu.
3. Select the Apps option.
4. Type the default pin “12345”.
5. Now, look for the Developer Mode and turn it ON.
6. Type the IP address of your PC and select OK.
7. Restart/Reboot your Samsung Smart TV.
Also See: How To Sign Out Netflix On LG Smart TV?
3 Ways To Install Third Party Apps On Samsung Smart TV
Method #1 – Using APK File
1. Launch Browser on your Samsung Smart TV.
2. Search for the website apksure.
3. Search for the App you want to install.
4. Select the downloadable APK File.
5. Select Install two times to confirm.
6. Follow further on-screen instructions to install the Apk File.
Method #2 – Using Command Prompt On A PC
1. Launch Settings on your Samsung Smart TV.
2. Select the Network option.
3. Then select the Information option.
4. Copy the IP address of your Smart TV available under the IP Address section.
5. Launch Command Prompt on your PC.
6. Type adb connect (your TV’s IP Address).
7. Type install D\install.apk.
8. Once installation is done, type adb disconnect (your TV’s IP Address) to disconnect your Smart TV from your PC.
Method #3 – Using A USB Flash Drive/Thumb Drive
1. Save Apk File on your USB flash drive.
2. Insert the USB drive to your Samsung Smart TV.
3. Go to Files and Folder.
4. Select Apk File and select Install.
5. Select Yes to confirm and follow the on-screen instructions.
I hope you understood all the methods to download and install apps to Samsung Smart TV. If you still have any doubts feel free to ask your questions in the comments section below. Share this post with your friends to help them and check out our other posts for the latest tech content and How-To-Guides.