Disney Plus isn’t working well on some Samsung Smart TVs, and the issue is causing some serious frustration among users. If you’re one of the unlucky ones who is experiencing these kinds of issues, we’ve got a few tips to help you get your Disney Plus fixed.
In this article, we’ll outline the steps you need to take to fix Disney Plus not working on Samsung Smart TV, and hopefully, this will solve your problem. Let’s get started!
- 1. How To Fix Disney Plus Not Working On Samsung Smart TV
- 2. Fix Disney Plus Won’t Open On Samsung TV
- 3. Fix Disney Plus Won’t Show Up On Samsung Smart TV
- 4. Fix Samsung TV Disney Plus Blue or Black Screen Issue
- 5. Fix Samsung TV Disney Plus Buffering Timeout Issue
- Wrapping Up
1. How To Fix Disney Plus Not Working On Samsung Smart TV
There could be many reasons why the Disney Plus app is not working on your Samsung Smart TV. We have discussed some of the most common fixes that you can try.
Force Close Disney+ App
Samsung Smart TV apps can sometimes cause system issues much like Android apps. And, Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV is one of those issues. But you can fix it by force-stopping Disney Plus, you can do it by following the steps given below.
If the Disney Plus App is not working or responding, press and hold the Back button on your TV remote until you get to the homepage. This will reset the Disney Plus App right away.
Clear Cache of Disney Plus App
If Disney Plus is not working on your Samsung Smart TV, one of the most suggested and successful solutions is to clear the app’s cache memory. When you clear the cache of a specific app, it removes the program’s temporary cache files from the TV, which might be causing trouble.
- Press the Home button on the TV remote.
- Go to Settings and choose Apps.
- Select Open Apps.
- Find the Disney Plus app.
- Select it and Clear Cache.
Reinstall The Disney+ App
If the Disney Plus app is still not loading or crashing on your Samsung Smart TV, try to uninstall the app. It might be possible that the app is not installed properly on your TV the first time. Make sure you remember the Disney Plus login credentials as this process will erase all the data.
- Press the Home button on your TV remote.
- Go to the Disney Plus app.
- Take your remote cursor to the Disney Plus app.
- Press the Down button on your TV remote and select Remove.
- Restart the TV and install the Disney Plus App again.
Soft Reset Samsung Smart TV
Soft resetting your Samsung Smart TV is a really simple and easy task. This process will close all the unnecessary apps that are eating up all your TV resources and resolve the app freezing issue.
Unplug the power cord of your TV from the socket and wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
Update Samsung Smart TV
Another possible cause of the Disney Plus app not working on your Samsung TV is that you are using an older system version. But, you can fix it in a couple of minutes by just updating your Samsung TV to the latest version.
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung TV.
- Go to the Support tab.
- Select Software Update.
- Download and Install any available software updates.
Must Read: How To Stream Plex On Samsung Smart TV
2. Fix Disney Plus Won’t Open On Samsung TV
Many people have complained that the Disney Plus app does not launch on their Samsung Smart TV, and you may be having the same problem. If so, follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the problem. If the Disney Plus does not work on our Samsung TV, try clearing its cache memory.
- Press the Home button on your Remote.
- Go to Settings >> Apps >> System Apps.
- Select the Disney Plus app.
- Choose Clear Cache and press OK.
After clearing the cache, try launching the Disney Plus app again.
3. Fix Disney Plus Won’t Show Up On Samsung Smart TV
Disney Plus is currently only available for Samsung Smart TVs launched after 2016. If your Samsung TV was launched in 2016 or before, you won’t be able to use the Disney Plus app.
However, if Disney Plus does not appear on your older Samsung TV, there is a workaround you can try. You can watch your favorite Disney Plus shows by connecting to a third-party streaming device such as Roku, Android TV, or an Amazon Fire Stick.
4. Fix Samsung TV Disney Plus Blue or Black Screen Issue
Samsung TV’s blue or black screen issue doesn’t happen with only Disney Plus but other apps too. On public forums, many users have reported this issue with other apps like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Well if you are also facing this issue, it is not with the app but the Samsung Smart Hub itself. However, in order to fix it, you need to reset the Smart Hub on your TV. Just, follow the steps given below:
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Go to Settings >> Support.
- Select Self Diagnosis >> Reset Smart Hub.
Make sure you remember the login credentials, before resetting the Smart Hub. You may need to re-enter the credentials and log in again.
5. Fix Samsung TV Disney Plus Buffering Timeout Issue
There are two possible causes for Disney Plus buffering on your Samsung Smart TV. First, the app takes time to load content at once to provide a fluid UI experience.
However, it sometimes gets stuck on the loading screen and displays a timeout error. Second, your internet connection is sluggish or not working at all.
Close the app and turn off your TV for around 30 seconds before turning it back on; this will soft reboot the system and allow the app to load all of the resources required to display the content.
If this does not work, check your internet connection and disconnect and reconnect your WiFi or LAN cable from your TV.
Must See: How To Enable PIP On Samsung Smart TV
There you have it, folks! We’ve given you the most simple and easy steps to solve this annoying problem. Now that you know what to do, make sure you follow them carefully. Also, keep in mind that the steps might change depending on the model of your Samsung Smart TV.
That is why it’s important to check if Disney Plus not working issue has been fixed after applying the above-listed solutions. You can also visit Disney+ Support for further assistance if necessary.