The Vizio brand is relatively new in the TV industry, and captures the market quickly with its great services. But, not every brand is perfect, a lot of users complaint about the Vizio TV black screen of death. So, we found out some fixes that you can perform to fix your Vizio TV black screen of death. Without any further delay lets check how you can do it.
Reasons Of Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death
There are multiple reasons for a TV screen to suddenly go black out, but failure in one of the power supply boards is the most common reason. Nowadays most of the TV comes with more than one power supply boards and some additional T-Con board and other internal parts.
We know these components sound tricky to you, but you can easily fix them. First, find out what causes the TV black out and purchase components accordingly.
There are various reasons that cause the TV black out. Just follow the step by step guide, we have created for you to narrow down the problem.
Fix 1: Perform A Sound Test
- Turn on your Vizio TV.
- Make sure to turn up the volume.
- Test TV sound by steaming something, you will now when it make noise.
If you hear the sound it means the sound component is working fine. Now, head to the flashlight test.
Fix 2: Check The Power And Connections
Most of the times users forgot about the basic solutions. Just, check for any loose connections and power cable correctly plug to the socket. Now perform a hard reset of your Vizio Smart TV:
- Turn off your Vizio TV and unplug it.
- Press and hold TV’s power button for at least 30 seconds.
- Release the button and plug the TV power cable back in.
- If you’re attempting to test the image from a device such as a cable box, find a separate device. If this fails, try accessing the TV’s settings menu.
Fix 3: Do The Flashlight Test
If you see no image on your Vizio TV, the light producing component on the television might be causing the the problem. Just, perform a “flashlight” test to find out. Here how you can do the flashlight test:
- Take a flashlight and make sure it has power.
- Place yourself two inches away from the TV screen and turn the light on it.
- If you are able see an image on the TV, this indicates that the inverter board in the TV has failed.
Also Read: How To Activate NBC On Vizio Smart TV
How To Fix Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death
In case you have performed all the fixes given above and figured out what the problem is, follow the steps given below to repair it once and for all.
Fix 4: Replace The Power Board
Replacing the entire power board might be difficult task for some users; the methods as well as the model number of the board, can differ from television to television. However, it is still a simple workaround that someone with limited experience can do at home. So, let’s start fixing the Vizio TV black screen of death.
What You Will Need:
- To cover the television screen, a soft towel or sheet.
- A screwdriver with a Phillips head. The size vary from television to television.
- A container to hold all the screws that have been removed.
- Place the TV face down on a prepared table.
- With the screwdriver, remove all of the rear screws.
- Find all the fuses on your Vizio TV. The majority have five.
- If find any blown fuse, replace it with a new one. Sometimes a blown fuse is the problem, rather than power board.
- Find and remove all wires that are connected to the power board.
- Remove all the screws holding power board and take the old board out.
- Place the new power board in the place, and gently screw it.
- Connect all the cables and wires to the new board.
- Replace and secure the TV’s rear cover.
- Plug in your Vizio TV to check if the fix worked.
Fix 5: Replace Other Components
In case the the inverter board or other vital part of the TV fails, you can replace them in the same manner as the power board. If you don’t know how to do it, hire a TV technician to repair it for you. And, if your Vizio TV is under warranty, contact Vizio Technical Support for help.
So, you see how simple it is to fix Vizio TV black screen of death. If any of the above fixes works for you, help your friends and family members too who own a Vizio Smart TV. Check out our other posts for the latest How-To-Guides and updated tech content. You can also follow me twitter @Amanpanchal0.