The Vizio brand is relatively new in the TV industry and captures the market quickly with its great services. But, not every brand is perfect, a lot of users complain about the Vizio TV’s black screen of death. So, we found out some fixes that you can perform to fix your Vizio TV black screen of death. Without any further delay, let’s check how you can do it.
- Reasons For Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death
- 10 Ways To Fix Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death
- Fix 1: Perform A Sound Test
- Fix 2: Soft Reset Your Vizio TV
- Fix 3: Disconnect Unnecessary Devices
- Fix 4: Unmute The TV Screen
- Fix 5: Change Your Remote Batteries
- Fix 6: Check The Power And Connections
- Fix 7: Do The Flashlight Test
- Fix 8: Replace The Power Board
- Fix 9: Replace Other Components
- Fix: 10: Contact A Professional
- Wrapping Up
Reasons For Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death
There are multiple reasons for a TV screen to suddenly go black, but failure on one of the power supply boards is the most common reason. Nowadays, most TVs come with more than one power supply board and some additional T-Con boards and other internal parts.
We know these components sound tricky to you, but you can easily fix them. First, find out what causes the TV blackout and purchase components accordingly.
10 Ways To Fix Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death
There are various reasons that cause the TV blackout. Just follow the step-by-step guide, we have created for you to narrow down the problem.
Fix 1: Perform A Sound Test
- Turn on your Vizio TV.
- Make sure to turn up the volume.
- Test TV sound by streaming something, you will know when it makes noise.
If you hear the sound it means the sound component is working fine. Now, head to the flashlight test.
Fix 2: Soft Reset Your Vizio TV
Unplug your tv for 60 seconds before reconnecting it. You’ve probably seen this solution in a few videos since it’s simple yet effective. We know it’s simple, but it gets the job done most of the time.
Fix 3: Disconnect Unnecessary Devices
Disconnect any other devices that are plugged into your Vizio TV to check if they were the root cause of the problem. Also, instead of using a power strip, plug your TV straight into the wall.
Because of several power strip connections, the TV may not receive enough power to turn on.
Fix 4: Unmute The TV Screen
Some VIZIO TVs have a “Mute Screen” feature that lets you avoid distraction while using an audio app, such as Spotify or Amazon Music. To turn the mute function on or off, press and hold the mute button on the remote control for 3-5 seconds.
Fix 5: Change Your Remote Batteries
It may appear easy, but it has proven to be effective for many people I know. In addition to the steps listed above, you can also try disconnecting your TV and pressing each button on your remote one by one to check if any of them are stuck.
Fix 6: Check The Power And Connections
Most of the time users forgot about the basic solutions. Just, check for any loose connections and power cable correctly plug into the socket. Now perform a hard reset of your Vizio Smart TV:
- Turn off your Vizio TV and unplug it.
- Press and hold the TV’s power button for at least 30 seconds.
- Release the button and plug the TV power cable back in.
- If you’re attempting to test the image from a device such as a cable box, find a separate device. If this fails, try accessing the TV’s settings menu.
Fix 7: Do The Flashlight Test
If you see no image on your Vizio TV, the light-producing component on the television might be causing the problem. Just, perform a “flashlight” test to find out. Here is how you can do the flashlight test:
- Take a flashlight and make sure it has power.
- Place yourself two inches away from the TV screen and turn the light on it.
- If you are able to see an image on the TV, this indicates that the inverter board in the TV has failed.
Also Read: How To Activate NBC On Vizio Smart TV
In case you have performed all the fixes given above and figured out what the problem is, follow the steps given below to repair it once and for all.
Fix 8: Replace The Power Board
Replacing the entire power board might be a difficult task for some users; the methods as well as the model number of the board, can differ from television to television. However, it is still a simple workaround that someone with limited experience can do at home. So, let’s start fixing the Vizio TV black screen of death.
What You Will Need:
- To cover the television screen, a soft towel or sheet.
- A screwdriver with Phillip’s head. The size varies from television to television.
- A container to hold all the screws that have been removed.
- Place the TV face down on a prepared table.
- With the screwdriver, remove all of the rear screws.
- Find all the fuses on your Vizio TV. The majority have five.
- If find any blown fuse, replace it with a new one. Sometimes a blown fuse is the problem, rather than a power board.
- Find and remove all wires that are connected to the power board.
- Remove all the screws holding the power board and take the old board out.
- Place the new power board in the place, and gently screw it.
- Connect all the cables and wires to the new board.
- Replace and secure the TV’s rear cover.
- Plug in your Vizio TV to check if the fix worked.
Fix 9: Replace Other Components
In case the inverter board or other vital part of the TV fails, you can replace them in the same manner as the power board. If you don’t know how to do it, hire a TV technician to repair it for you. And, if your Vizio TV is under warranty, contact Vizio Technical Support for help.
Fix: 10: Contact A Professional
If you’ve done everything else and still can’t get rid of the black screen of death, it’s conceivable that the TV is at fault. If you purchased a warranty for the TV, you should visit the Vizio website to seek warranty support and have the problem examined.
If the product is out of the warranty period, you can still get your Vizio TV fixed by paying for the service. You can also contact VIZIO customer support for further assistance.
So, you see how simple it is to fix the Vizio TV’s black screen of death. If any of the above fixes works for you, help your friends and family members too who own a Vizio Smart TV. Check out our other posts for the latest How-To-Guides and updated tech content. You can also follow me on Twitter @Amanpanchal0.