The JBL Flip 5 is a new and cool portable speaker you can carry around with you. It’s a waterproof speaker, which means you can even if you drop it in water for a few seconds, it won’t stop working.
But, recently most JBL Flip 5 users are unable to turn it off, which is impacting its battery life. Don’t worry, we’ve got some solutions for you to fix JBL Flip 5 won’t turn off issue.
4 Ways To Fix JBL Flip 5 Won’t Turn Off Issue
Fix #1: Quick Power Off
In most cases, a quick power-off fixes the issue in these Bluetooth speakers. Just follow the steps given below to fix the JBL Flip 5 won’t turn off issue:
- Quickly press the power button on your JBL Flip 5 four times.
- Hold down the power button for the 5th time.
- Just hold it until your speaker turns off on its own. You’ll know it’s off when the blue light on the button goes out.
Also See: How To Connect JBL Headphones & Speakers To Bluetooth
Fix #2: Long Power Off
If your JBL Flip 5 speaker is running on a firmware version of 0.5.0 or lower, this is the solution for you.
- Press and hold the power button of your JBL Flip 5 for 15 seconds.
- Release the power button when you hear the speaker turn off the sound.
- Wait for a minute, and then turn it back on.
Must Read: How To Connect Harman Kardon Speakers & Headphones To Bluetooth
Fix #3: Factory Reset
If your JBL speaker still doesn’t work factory reset is a great solution that often fixes the problem quickly.
- Disconnect all the devices that are connected to your JBL speaker.
- Now, hold down the “Volume Down” and “Play/Pause” buttons for around 15 seconds.
- When you hear a beep release the buttons and the speaker turns off.
- Wait a few seconds, then turn your JBL speaker back on.
Also Read: How To Connect Onn Headphones & Earbuds To Bluetooth
Fix #4: Check the Power Button
If none of the above solutions work for your JBL Flip 5, there might be an issue with the power button of your speaker.
Take a close look at the button of your speakers and make sure it’s not broken or loose. If it is broken, you’ll need to get it fixed by a professional.
In conclusion, the JBL Flip 5 is an excellent speaker with unique features such as waterproofing. Don’t worry if you ever have difficulties turning it off! We’ve given you four fixes that you can try!
Whether it’s pressing the power button many times in a row, holding it down for 15 seconds, resetting the factory settings, or testing the power button for any problems, one of these should do the job. Simply follow the guidelines and your JBL Flip 5 will be working in no time.c